70 members attended the Lodge Charity Stewards' Seminar on 11 January at Kings Heath, presented by Provincial Grand Charity Steward W Bro David Dey and W Bro Patrick Firminger, Chairman Festival 2022.
While much focus was on the progress towards Festival 2022 there were useful sessions on the importance of Regular Giving and Gift Aid.
Members participated in open forum discussions covering topics including Communications and Fundraising and Support from the MCF to your Lodge.
Fundraising initiatives included
- the availability and value of free will making
- Teddies for Loving Care updated
- Invite your chosen charities to participate in your appeal
- Ask for help directly from MCF
- Support for your lodge Charity Steward
- The ease and efficiency of using the Relief Chest
- Greater impact with your cheque presentations
The final Q & A open floor session provoked both wit and creative ideas for more activity. Lodges are urged to take advantage of speakers from THE PROVINCIAL TEAM and from 'Hall Coordinators'.